Underground Atlanta Shooting
Published December 11th, 2012
ATLANTA (AP) - Police say an argument escalated to fatal gunfire at Underground Atlanta, a downtown shopping and entertainment district.
Officer John Chafee, of the Atlanta Police Department, says the shooting was reported Tuesday around 7:20 p.m. Officers were called to Alabama Avenue near Pryor Street and found a male victim who appeared to have been shot at least once in his chest. The man was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital and was later pronounced dead.
Authorities say the shooting wasn't random and the victim was involved in an argument before he was shot. Additional information on the argument and a detailed description of the suspect was not immediately available.
The victim's identity has not yet been released, and authorities say the victim appeared to be in his early twenties.
- Atlanta School Now Open After Shooting
- Atlanta Man Faces Life In Prison
- Drug Agents Discover An Underground Grow House
- 15-year-old Gets Underground Tattoo
- Attorney Says Boy Did Not Intend To Shoot Anyone During High School Shooting
- Heading to Atlanta
- Atlanta Floods May Bring Temporary Peace to Water Wars
- Ocala Church Bus Crash in Atlanta
- Man Causes 15 Wrecks in Atlanta
- Third victim dies in Chardon High School Shooting