BREAKING: Assistant DA Killed in Texas
KAUFMAN, Texas (AP) - An assistant district attorney has been fatally shot as he walked toward his workplace at a North Texas county courthouse.
Kaufman County spokeswoman Pat Laney says Mark Hasse (hahs) was walking across the parking lot behind the courthouse annex Thursday morning when he was shot multiple times.
Laney says Hasse was taken away in an ambulance but did not know if he died at the hospital or en route. Laney says Hasse was in his 50s.
Investigators are searching for two suspects believed to have fled in a brown or silver older model Ford Taurus.
Officials didn't immediately indicate any motive for the shooting, which occurred just before 9 a.m. about 33 miles southeast of Dallas.
Laney said a $10,000 reward is being offered.
- Breaking: Airliner Crashes in San Francisco
- BREAKING: Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Area
- BREAKING: Building Collapse in Philadelphia
- Breaking: 3 Dead in Kentucky Condo Shooting
- BREAKING: Lt. Gov. Carroll Resigns Amid Investigation
- BREAKING: UF QB Treon Harris Suspended Indefinitely
- Three Killed in Shooting Near Texas A&M University
- Deadly Shooting at Texas Courthouse Kills 2
- Assistant Football Coach Dan McCarney Takes North Texas Job
- Casey Anthony, Texas Group Reach Settlement