Man Threatens to Blow Up Liberty Bell
According to police, an Arizona man threatened to blow up the Liberty Bell on Saturday in Philadelphia.
Carlos Balsas, 41, has been charged with making terroristic threats, bomb threats and several other charges.
The police say he made the threats as he entered the historic site.
Two black backpacks were later found, but the bomb squad determined that they did not contain any explosives.
The cracked bell is considered to be a monument to American independence.
- Philadelphia Tops List of Sweatpants Consumption
- Man Threatened In Southwest Gainesville
- Bradford County Man Arrested for Threatening Children
- Man Charged in Beating of Gay Man
- Feds Take Over Case of SUV on Philadelphia Runway
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Alligator attacks man
- Man Kills Dad Outside of Day Care
- Atlanta Man Faces Life In Prison
- Soldier Reunited with Man's Best Friend