Update on Alabama Hostage Standoff
MIDLAND CITY, Ala. - More than a day after a 5-year-old Alabama boy was taken off a school bus at gunpoint, police are still trying to win the child's safe release.
SWAT teams have been gathered outside a bunker where authorities say 65-year-old Jimmy Lee Dykes is holding the boy.
Dykes allegedly took the child Tuesday afternoon after shooting and killing the school bus driver.
Authorities say Dykes was due in court yesterday morning to answer to charges that he shot at neighbors in a dispute last month.
- Alabama Hostage Situation is Over
- Super Tuesday Update
- Man Arrested after Police Standoff
- Man who kept women hostage for six days is arrested
- Young Boy Held Hostage Celebrates Birthday
- Small Ala. Town: Relief that Child Hostage is Safe
- Amber alert update: Four-year-old girl found in Tennessee
- Update Your Wardrobe with Accessories
- Update: Missing Amber Alert Boy Found Safe
- Shooting investigation update