Veggies Among the Deadliest Foods
NEW YORK (AP):
A government study has fingered leafy green vegetables as the leading source of food poisoning illnesses.
However, the most food-related deaths were from contaminated chicken and other poultry.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released the study Tuesday.
It's based on an analysis of food poisoning cases from 1998 through 2008. It's the agency's most comprehensive attempt to identify which foods most often carry germs that make us sick.
The CDC estimates roughly 1 in 6 Americans - or 48 million people- gets sick from food poisoning each year. That includes 128,000 hospitalization and 3,000 deaths.
- Orlando and Miami Among Most Romantic Cities
- USDA Begins Tweeting Food Recall Alerts
- CDC Says Food Supply Risk of Mad Cow Disease is Not High on List
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- Blood In Bravo's SUV, Among Other Incriminating Evidence In The Aguilar Case
- Race for Sheriff Among Hot Races for Primary Elections
- UF Football Player Jamar Hornsby Follows In the Line of Fallen Reputations Among UF Athletes
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members
- Blood Drive Draws Friendly Competition Among Rival Universities
- Shands Among Nation's Best