Arizona Prison Ends Fight Involving 400 Inmates
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - An Arizona prison complex is on lockdown after a fight broke out among 400 inmates.
Arizona Department of Corrections spokesman Bill Lamoreaux says the staff was able to quickly stop the fight that broke out at 9:45 a.m. Sunday at the Whetstone Unit of the Arizona State Prison Complex in Tucson.
Two prison staffers suffered minor injuries, while five inmates were brought to hospitals with injuries. The extent of the inmates' injuries wasn't immediately available.
The prison is investigating the cause of the fight.
Nearly 1,250 prisoners are housed in the Whetstone Unit. No inmates from the prison's other seven units were involved in the fight.
It's unclear exactly how long it took prison staff to end the fight.
- Prisoner Escaped
- Deputy Involved in Fatal Shooting
- Arizona Sheriff Responds to Shocking Allegations
- Secret Service involved in prostitution scandal
- Woman Sentenced To Life In Prison For Accident Involving Officer
- Atlanta Man Faces Life In Prison
- Gilchrist County Jail Inmate Dies Two Days After Fight with Cellmate
- Inmates Fight Stats in Marion County Jail
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Arizona Wildfire Update