Finalist named for University of West Georgia presidency
ATLANTA (AP) - The Georgia Board of Regents has announced the search for a University of West Georgia President has been narrowed down to a lone finalist.
Officials say Vice president for University Advancement at the University of West Florida Kyle Marrero has been named finalist for university president. Officials say his offer helped the university record a 20 percent increase in enrollment and conducted the largest capital campaign in the school's history by raising $39.2 million - surpassing the school's goal of $35 million.
Before working at the University of West Florida, Marrero taught voice, opera and conducting in Louisiana, Michigan and Ohio, and currently serves as artistic director for the Pensacola Opera.
The Board of Regents will make a final decision at a future meeting.
- UF Law Student Named Florida Blue Key President
- UF President Machen Announces He Won't Seek New Term
- UF President Bernie Machen Announces Plans to Step Down
- West Point to Display Bin Laden Trove
- West Nile Virus At It's Worst In Years
- Felman West Virginia Plant to Temporarily Halt Production
- West Virginia Mine Boss Charged with Fraud
- A Look at 2012 Wildfires in the West
- Investigators Blame Ammonium Nitrate in Massive West, Texas explosion
- Two Santa Fe Raiders Sign with West Georgia