FBI Now In Charge of Boston Marathon Bombing Investigation
The FBI is not yet speculating on a motive or a suspect for the explosions.
This attack is the first successful bombing in the United States since 9-11.
Bomb technicians are studying burn marks on concrete and bricks.
Doctors are collecting pieces of shrapnel from the victims to aid with the incestigation.
Officials believe that there were two small portable explosive devices, possibly hidden in a backpack.
One theory is that they were detonated remotely by a cell phone.
FBI officials are tracking multiple persons of interest, including a young man of Middle Eastern descent, who is being treated at a local hospital.
Other major US cities have tightened security in case there are more attacks.
- Review of FBI Shooting of Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Still Ongoing
- Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect is Charged
- 2 Dead and Scores Injured in Boston Marathon Bombings
- Breaking News Boston: Images Released in Marathon Bombings
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- FBI: 3 Suspects in Boston Bombings Identified
- Al Qaeda Backed Magazine Encouraging Boston-Like Bombings
- Body of Boston Bombings Suspect Has Been Claimed
- Physical Therapist Prepares For Boston Marathon
- Heightened Awareness At The Swamp, Following Boston Marathon Bombing