IRS Tax Help Wait Times Increasing
Budget cuts at the IRS are resulting in long waits for the department's help line.
Those seeking assistance by phone have been waiting an average of 18 minutes this tax season.
That's up from 13 minutes in 2011.
A hiring freeze is preventing the IRS from replacing workers who retire or leave for other jobs.
The IRS has lost 10,000 employees in the past two years.
- Santorum's Tax Returns Show Increase in Wealth
- Lake City Man Waiting for Help from FEMA
- County Commissioners Discuss Half Cent Sales Tax Increase
- Alachua County Commissioners Approve Gas Tax Increase
- Unemployment Tax Increasing for Businesses
- Identity Theft Increasing this Tax Season
- On-Time Tax Scamer Caught
- Millage Increase Could Help Alachua Schools Out of Budget Deficit
- Program Offers Free Tax Help
- Last Minute Tax Help