Shuttle Atlantis Arrives at Visitor Complex
Published April 26th, 2013
Space Shuttle Atlantis enters its next stage, becoming an exhibit at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
Crews are expected to finish unwrapping the orbiter on Friday.
It takes two days to remove the 16,000 square feed of plastic shrink wrap surrounding Shuttle Atlantis.
The wrap has protected Atlantis for its move from Kennedy Space Center to the visitor complex.
The 90,000 square foot attraction has been under construction for 15 months.
It's set to open at the end of June.
- Space Shuttle Simulator Arrives in Keystone
- Space Shuttle Atlantis 'Go' for Public Viewing
- Preparations Made for Space Shuttle Atlantis' Retirement
- Space Shuttle Discovery Ready for Voyage to Museum
- Space Shuttle Enterprise Zooms Over NYC on Jet
- Space Shuttle Endeavor Heads to California
- Space Capsule Returns To Earth
- First Commercial Trip to Space Launched
- Dragon Arrives at Space Station in Historic 1st
- Shuttle Atlantis Set to Return to Earth