Ohio Man Charged with Kidnap, Rape as Women Found
CLEVELAND (AP) - Authorities have filed kidnapping and rape charges against a Cleveland man arrested after three women missing for about a decade were found alive at his home.
Homeowner Ariel Castro was charged Wednesday. Brothers Pedro and Onil Castro are held but face no charges right now.
The men are in custody and can't be reached for comment. Their brother-in-law has said the family is "totally shocked" after hearing about the women at the home.
The three women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004 and were found Monday after one of them screamed for help to escape and contacted police.
Police say ropes and chains were among evidence collected inside the house. A city councilman says the women were subjected to prolonged sexual and psychological abuse and suffered miscarriages.
- Cleveland Man Arraigned on Rape, Kidnap Charges
- Ohio Kidnapping, Rape Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- Ohio Man's Ex-relatives Say He is a 'Monster'
- Charges in Case of Men Found Held in Texas Home
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- No Bond for Florida Couple Accused of Kidnapping Kids
- 2 Teens Arrested for Allegedly Threatening Rape Victim
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- 67-Year-Old Man Found Dead In Laundry Room