Texas Authorities Searching for Escaped Prisoner
OLNEY, Texas (AP) - North Texas authorities are searching for a prisoner who escaped from a van transporting him and others from Louisiana to Florida.
Olney Police Chief Barry Roberts says 33 year old Michael Rimmer apparently escaped about 1 a.m. Saturday during a stop at a convenience store in the town northwest of Dallas.
Roberts says a Rimmer, who's from Florida, was part of a group in the custody of a private company that transports inmates. He says the group was in Olney but Rimmer was discovered missing when the van stopped in Terrell, 160 miles away.
The Young County Sheriff's Office and the Texas Department of Public Safety are also involved in the search.
Roberts says Rimmer has a history that includes assaulting a police officer and drug distribution. Rimmer is considered dangerous.
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
- Prisoner Escaped
- Texas Search Firm Seeks $100K From Casey Anthony
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- O.J. Simpson Heads to Court
- Three Still in Hospital After Atlanta Shuttle Crash
- Two Injured in Hit and Run Boat Crash on Lake Lanier
- Two Firefighters Injured in Columbus Warehouse Blaze
- Orangutan at Atlanta's Zoo Pregnant for Third Time