Two Injured in Hit and Run Boat Crash on Lake Lanier
GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) - Georgia authorities are hunting for a boat operator involved in a hit and run collision on Lake Lanier than injured two people.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports the crash at nearly midnight Friday caused heavy damage to a Sea-Doo jet boat that had two people on it. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources says both people were taken to Northeast Georgia Medical Center, where they were in stable condition. Their names were not immediately released.
Authorities say the boat operator who hit the Sea-Doo fled after the crash. They say the Sea-Doo was either idling or moving at slow speed with its lights on beneath a bright moon when the other boat essentially ran over it.
The collision came at the start of a busy Memorial Day weekend on Lake Lanier.
- Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
- Two Firefighters Injured in Columbus Warehouse Blaze
- Woman faces 30 Years for Hit and Run Death
- Police: Teen in Asiana Crash Hit by Fire Truck
- Hit-and-Run Leaves Two Dead and One Critically Injured
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- Starke Man Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- Three Still in Hospital After Atlanta Shuttle Crash