Two Injured in Hit and Run Boat Crash on Lake Lanier
GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) - Georgia authorities are hunting for a boat operator involved in a hit and run collision on Lake Lanier than injured two people.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports the crash at nearly midnight Friday caused heavy damage to a Sea-Doo jet boat that had two people on it. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources says both people were taken to Northeast Georgia Medical Center, where they were in stable condition. Their names were not immediately released.
Authorities say the boat operator who hit the Sea-Doo fled after the crash. They say the Sea-Doo was either idling or moving at slow speed with its lights on beneath a bright moon when the other boat essentially ran over it.
The collision came at the start of a busy Memorial Day weekend on Lake Lanier.
- Two Firefighters Injured in Columbus Warehouse Blaze
- Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
- Woman faces 30 Years for Hit and Run Death
- Three Still in Hospital After Atlanta Shuttle Crash
- Two Former University of Georgia Athletes Indicted on charges to Commit Armed Robbery
- Police: Teen in Asiana Crash Hit by Fire Truck
- Man Hit Victim With SUV After Family Fight
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Two Tampa Bay Deputies Shoot Suspect Several Times
- House Catches Fire Twice in Two Days