4 Shot at NC Law Firm, Wal-Mart; Suspect Caught
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) - A man armed with a shotgun wounded one person at a North Carolina law firm Friday before crossing a busy street and entering a Wal-Mart, where he shot three more people before officers subdued him, police said.
Greenville Police Chief Hassan Aden said the suspect was shot by officers at the entrance of the store. He didn't have the conditions of those shot and didn't have a motive. Aden was scheduled to provide additional information at a news conference.
The gunman shot the first person at the Kellum Law Firm on the city's south side and across the street from the Wal-Mart. They said the suspect then crossed five lanes of traffic and entered the store, where he started shooting some more.
Officers located the suspect outside the store and shot him, police said.
Greenville is about 85 miles east of Raleigh.
- Four Wanted in WalMart Thefts
- Marion County Detectives Search for Three Wal-Mart Television Thieves
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- Texas Search Firm Seeks $100K From Casey Anthony
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Trayvon's Mom: Clarify Stand Your Ground Laws
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- AG Strongly Criticizes Stand-Your-Ground Laws
- Raising Awareness About New Health Laws in Florida