Texas Carries Out Landmark Execution
Published June 27th, 2013
Kimberly McCarthy was put to death Wednesday, marking the 500th execution in Texas since the state reinstated the death penalty.
McCarthy was executed at 7:37 pm Wednesday evening.
The 52-year-old former occupational therapist was convicted in 1997 of murdering her elderly neighbor.
Protestors gathered at the prison holding signs that read "End executions in Texas."
Texas has led the nation in the number of executions since the death penalty was reinstated there in 1976.
- Overturned Texas Execution Back on
- Rocket Launches Carrying Satellite to Help Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Child Killer Set to Be Executed
- Casey Anthony, Texas Group Reach Settlement
- What Caused the Texas Fertilizer Explosion? An Expert Weighs In
- High Court Sends Back Texas Race-based Plan
- GSA Executive Stays Silent
- Texas Coach Accused of Giving Student Morning After Pill
- Mom Runs Over Child (Texas)
- A Texas Baby Kidnapped His Mother Murdered