Texas Carries Out Landmark Execution
Published June 27th, 2013
Kimberly McCarthy was put to death Wednesday, marking the 500th execution in Texas since the state reinstated the death penalty.
McCarthy was executed at 7:37 pm Wednesday evening.
The 52-year-old former occupational therapist was convicted in 1997 of murdering her elderly neighbor.
Protestors gathered at the prison holding signs that read "End executions in Texas."
Texas has led the nation in the number of executions since the death penalty was reinstated there in 1976.
- Overturned Texas Execution Back on
- Gainesville home being considered a landmark
- Rocket Launches Carrying Satellite to Help Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Another batch of Zika-carrying mosquitoes found in Miami Beach
- Actress Debbie Reynolds dies at 84, one day after daughter Carrie Fisher
- Child Killer Set to Be Executed
- Federal judge stalls Obama's executive action on immigration
- GSA Executive Stays Silent
- Casey Anthony, Texas Group Reach Settlement
- High Court Sends Back Texas Race-based Plan