Mayor: 13 Dead, Including Gunman, at Navy Yard
WASHINGTON (AP) - The D.C. mayor says 13 people have died in the shooting rampage, including the gunman.
Mayor Vincent Gray said at a news conference Monday afternoon that the shooter was among the dead. Officials say the gunman has been identified as 34-year-old Aaron Alexis.
Earlier in the day, authorities had been looking for two other people who may have been involved in the shooting. One of those people has been identified and ruled out as a suspect.
However, Gray says investigators are still searching for a third individual wearing an olive-green, military-style uniform to determine if he was involved.
Gray says a motive has not yet been determined.
- Officials: Navy Yard Gunman Identified
- Gunman in Navy Yard Rampage was Hearing Voices
- 5 dead, 5 injured In Santa Monica Shooting
- Gunman Dead in Colorado School Shooting
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- 3 Dead, 8 Injured After Vehicle Hits, Kills Bear
- Prosecutor: Hernandez was Gunman in Double Killing
- Documents Point to ex-NFLer Hernandez as Gunman
- Newtown Must Turn Over Gunman's School Records
- Middle School Student is Gunman in Nevada School Shooting