Atlanta Schools Still Closed
Published January 31st, 2014
Schools will remain closed in Atlanta today because of Tuesday's winter storm that trapped thousands of vehicles on icy roads and left thousands of students stranded.
Officials say the major goal is to remove abandoned vehicles left by motorists who ran out of gas or patience after being stuck for hours.
Meanwhile, the head of Georgia's Emergency Management Agency says he made a "terrible error in judgment" about the storm.
- Three Still in Hospital After Atlanta Shuttle Crash
- Atlanta School Now Open After Shooting
- Judge Won't Toss Atlanta Schools Cheating Case
- Spring Snow
- The Catch Of The Snow Day
- Snow, sleet, ice threat raised in several areas of the South
- Underground Atlanta Shooting
- Orangutan at Atlanta's Zoo Pregnant for Third Time
- Zoo Atlanta to Offer Admission to Dads on Sunday
- Construction Workers Uncover Cannonball in Atlanta