Florida Basketball #5 in AP
By Thomas Garvey WCJB-TV 20 Sports
One week after falling from #1 to #3 in the Associated Press' college basketball poll, The University of Florida basketball team finds itself heading in the wrong direction again. After a loss Saturday to LSU, the Gators dropped to the #5 spot in this week's rankings. With no remaining games scheduled against ranked teams, the Gators need strong showings in their final two games, and in the SEC tournament to hold onto the hope of a number one seed in the NCAA tournament.
After a win over previously #1-ranked Wisconsin, Ohio State takes over the top ranking with Wisconsin dropping to #4. UCLA jumps from the forth spot to #2 while Kansas finds its way into the top 5, jumping from #6 to #3.
- Florida Women's Basketball Drops Regular Season Finale to Alabama
- Florida Men's Basketball Falls Short Against Kentucky
- Florida Men's Basketball Announces 2010-2011 Non-Conference Schedule
- SEC Championship Hangs In Balance As Florida Basketball Prepares for Alabama
- Release of the Florida Men's Basketball 2011-12 Non-Conference Schedule
- Florida Basketball Falls In Elite 8 For Second Straight Year
- Wisconsin Hands Florida Basketball 1st Loss of 2013-'14 Season
- (2)Florida Basketball Wins Record 18th Straight
- Florida Rises to #1 in Men's Basketball AP Poll
- Dan Cross Keeping Ties to North Central Florida with Basketball Camp