Gal Named SEC Female Golfer of the Week
By: Mike Gillespie/Joe Girvan WCJB TV-20 Sports
University of Florida junior Sandra Gal was named the first Southeastern Conference Women's Golfer of the Week for the 2006-2007 season, as announced by the league on Friday.
The 2006 Honorable Mention All-American shot a three-round score of 219, and led the Lady Gators to a third-place finish in a 15-team competition, that included 13 of the top 25 teams in the nation. In all, the Gators topped 8 top-25 teams at Palos Verdes Golf Club in Palos Verdes, California.
This marks the first time that a Gator Women's Golfer has been honored by the SEC since Aimee Cho won the award for the week of February 19th, 2004.
The Lady Gators will resume play March 5-6, when they participate in the UCF Challenge at Grand Cypress Resort in Orlando.
- Gators TJ Vogel Named Co-SEC Golfer of the Week
- Rogers Named SEC Female Athlete of the Year
- Gator Women's Hoops Jaterra Bonds Named SEC Player of the Week
- Gator Soccer's Erika Tymrak Named SEC Offensive Player of Week
- Hunter Earns SEC Defensive Player of the Week As Florida Enters Bye Week
- Three Gators Named to 2013 Freshman All-SEC Team
- 6 Gators Named to 3 Different Coaches Preseason All SEC Teams
- Harrison Bader Named to SEC All-Freshman Team
- Gator Volleyball Moves to 2-0, Named Active Ankle ACC/SEC Challenge Champs
- Donovan, Parsons Named SEC Coach, Player of the Year, Respectively