Gator Baseball De-Claws Tigers in 10 Innings
Freshman Cole Figueroa snapped a 7-7 tie with a two-out RBI single in the 10th to lift Florida (12-13/2-2 SEC) to an 8-7 victory over #21 Auburn (18-7/0-4 SEC) on Friday night on the road.Â
Â With theÂ Tigers ahead 4-2, the Gators came storming back with five runs on four hits and knocked out Woodall in the fourth to seize a 7-4 advantage. Senior Chris Petrie walked to lead off and sophomore Cody Neer was hit by a pitch before den Dekker's grounder moved them both into scoring position. Townsend stroked a 2-0 offering up the middle to even the score and advanced to second when the pitcher was called for a balk. Leclerc cranked an RBI single to give UF a 5-4 lead.
Â UF held an 11-10 advantage in hits, led by Leclerc's three hits and two apiece by LaPorta and Petrie. Edwards was 3-for-4 with three stolen bases and a couple of runs for the Tigers. Sophomore LHP Stephen LockeÂ (3-2, 6.18) will start tomorrow's second game at 3 p.m., live on Sun Sports, against sophomore RHP Paul Burnside.
- Gator Baseball Uses Big Innings to End USF Streak
- Gator Baseball Falls To Georgia Southern In 12 Innings
- Gator Baseball Can't Hold On in Extra Innings
- Gator Baseball Wins with 9th Inning Rally!
- Gator Baseball Scores 11 Runs in the First 3 Innings of Win vs Harvard
- Gator Baseball Needs Extra Innings to Win 13th Straight Game
- Gator Baseball uses 5-Run 5th Inning to Pull Away From Mississippi State
- Gator Baseball Overcomes 1st Inning Homerun to Top Sweep Jacksonville
- Gator Baseball Cages Tigers in Opener
- Gator Baseball Sweeps Tigers!