Gators Face Kentucky on Sunday
By: Mike Gillespie/Joe Girvan WCJB TV-20 Sports
Oh, this is going toÂ beÂ fun.Â The Kentucky Wildcats (20-9, 9-6 in SEC) come to the O'Connell Center on Sunday to tip it off with the Gators.Â Since clinching the SEC regular season title, the Gators (25-5, 12-3 in SEC) have dropped back-to-back road games, and are now in danger of losing their #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.Â If the Gators win on Sunday, they would finish the season unbeaten in the O'Connell Center, which hasn't happened since the 1993-1994 season.Â
The Gators have owned the series in recent years, havingÂ won the last 5 meetings with Kentucly, the first timeÂ an SEC school has done that in 30 years.Â TheyÂ are also looking toÂ do something that noÂ school has ever done before,Â beat the WildcatsÂ 6 times in a row.
ItÂ could also be a milestone day for Al Horford, as he looks to become theÂ 41st player in school history to score 1,000 points for his career.
It could also be a career day for Chris Richard and Lee Humphrey, as they can become the winningest players in school history withÂ 103Â career victories.
Tip-off is set for high noon on Sunday and CBSÂ will haveÂ the live broadcast.
- Gator Softball Staves Off Two Elimination Games, Face Possibly Two More Sunday
- Gator Sports Recap: Sunday, October 20
- Gator Women Have Big Sunday: Softball and Tennis Both Win
- Gator Diesel Drags Postponed Until Sunday
- Gator Sports Recap: Sunday, March 17
- Gator Volleyball, Soccer Get Big Wins on Sunday
- Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday
- GATOR VOLLYEBALL, SOCCER WIN SUNDAY CONTESTS
- Gator Softball Powers Past Mercer in Sunday Doubleheader
- Gators Stomp Kentucky, Move Up in BCS