GATOR ASSISTANT LEAVES FOR MARSHALL
Donnie Jones and Billy Donovan have coached together for 13 years, but they will finally part ways.
Jones has been named the new Head Coach at Marshall, where Donovan and Jones worked together from 1994-1996 while Donovan headed the program. ButÂ Jones has other ties to West Virginia as well. JonesÂ received his masters degree from MarshalÂ and his wife, Michelle, is a West Virginia native.Â Â Â
The decision was announcedÂ Friday night at the Stephen C.Â O'Connell CenterÂ amid theÂ championshipÂ celebration and farewell party forÂ departing players. Jones is the last remaining coach that left with Donovan from Marshall after Antony Grant left last year to coach at Virginia Commonwealth.
By Chris Price WCJB TV20Â SportsÂ Â
- Burno Beats Odds To Arrive As Gators Assistant
- Fayson Leaving Gator Football team
- Mitchell Leaves Gator Basketball
- Gator Women's Basketball Seniors Leave in Style
- Gators Mickey Marotti Leaving to Join Meyer at OSU
- Gator's offensive coordinator Charlie Weis leaving Gainesville for University of Kansas more tonight at 6.
- Florida Gator Seniors Trying to Leave Swamp Perfect In Final Year
- Marshall to Enter Ring of Honor
- UF to Honor Wilber Marshall Saturday
- Marshall to Enter College Hall of Fame