Green Seeks Greener NBA Pre Draft Pastures
He was perhaps the most indispensable part of anÂ awesome Florida Gators squad, which danced its way through consecutive NCAA Tournaments, winning back-to-back National Championships. For an encore, Taurean Green is going to Disney World.
He shouldn't expect the red carpet treatment. Today, he's merely another pretty face in town for an audition. Unlike the other members of Florida's ensemble cast -- Al Horford, Joakim Noah and Corey Brewer -- Green, son of former NBA player Sidney Green, arrives in Orlando this week looking to stand out on a smaller stage in front of executives and scouts from all 30 NBA teams at this year's NBA Pre-Draft Camp.
Horford, Noah and Green are here too, as part of the "physical only" group of top prospects, here to be weighed, measured and prodded, before landing a starring role in the production known as the First Round of the 2007 Draft.
Green, however, is one of 64 players who will lace up their sneakers this week with the purpose of actually playing basketball. Like his Gator cohorts, Green will also do battle with the tape measure and scale, but his immediate future will hinge on how well he performs in game action. As one of only a few true lead guards in this year's field, Green is out to prove his strengths â€“ running his team effectively and knocking down big shots â€“ will be able to translate at the NBA level.
Green is one of nine collegiate underclassmen scheduled to play this week with hopesÂ heÂ will roll the draft dice on June 28.
- SPEIGHTS TO SKIP PRE-DRAFT CAMP
- Calathes Enters NBA Draft
- Speights Entering NBA Draft
- FIVE GATORS TAKEN IN NBA DRAFT
- Tyus Plans to Enter NBA Draft
- Murphy Selected By Bulls In 2nd Round of NBA Draft
- Bradley Beal Selected Third Overall In NBA Draft
- Houston Rockets Take Chandler Parsons 38th Overall In NBA Draft
- Future, Current Gators Drafted on Day Two of MLB Draft
- Four More Gators Drafted in MLB Draft