BANNER DAY IN BASEBALL
Two of baseball's class acts, Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken, Jr., were inducted into the Hall of Fame today. Gwynn is known as one of baseball's purest hitters and had 3,141 hits in his career. Ripken also joined the 3,000 club, but will be best remembered for 2,632: the number of consecutive games played by Ripken over a span of 16 years.
Ichiro Suzuki is now halfway to 3,000 hits in the majors, collecting hit number 1,500 off of former Santa Fe standout Lenny DiNardo. The Mariners defeated the Oakland Athletics 14-10. DiNardo gave up seven earned runs in three innings before he was pulled.
- Another Banner Recruiting Class for Meyer
- Buchholz Baseball Stretched to Day 3 In Regional Semifinal
- Buchholz Loses to Chiles On Day 3 of Baseball Regional Semifinal
- Two Gators Prepare for Baseball Senior Day
- Gator Softball Takes Day 2 of Gainesville Regional; Gator Baseball Falls at Georgia
- Baseball Bat Saves the Day in Attempted Ocala Gas Station Robbery
- Veterans Surprised with Silver Star Banner
- Gators Fontana Day-to-Day After Nasty Spill on Noggin
- UF Cancels Baseball Games with FGCU
- GATOR BASEBALL SWEEPS VANDY