Gator Booster Makes Big Donation
James W. "Bill" Heavener has a made a commitment of $7 million dollars to name the new Florida football complex that will be completed prior to the start of the 2008 season. A member of the
Gator Boosters, Inc. Board of Directors, and a distinguished Bull Gator, Heavener has been a long-time supporter of UF athletics.
"We are grateful for Bill Heavener's donation," said head coach Urban Meyer. "His financial support is a key component in completing the premier football stadium in the nation. This recent construction project features a front door look to the stadium that will give fans and former players a chance to pay tribute to the champions of Florida football."
The renovation project at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium will enhance the
experience for Gator student-athletes, staff and visitors. This project will include the renovation and expansion of the football office complex. An additional 6,815 square feet will be added to the existing square footage, creating a grand total of 12,436 square feet for all football office areas. All of the offices will be equipped with the latest technology.
The cornerstone of the project will be a new "front door" to the
football office complex. This structure, rising three stories, will be
constructed at the southwest corner of Ben Hill Griffin, at the
intersection of Gale Lemerand Drive and Stadium Road. The 1,911
square-foot entry will feature Gator accomplishments as reflected in photography and video technology.
Since 1992, Heavener has served as Co-chairman/CEO of Full Sail Real World Education, a highly-regarded entertainment media college in America, with 5,000 students, located in Winter Park, Fla. He is a Director and Co-Chairman of the Los Angeles Film School and the Los Angeles Recording School, both located in Hollywood, Calif.
- Gator Hoops Looking to Make the Big Dance This Season
- Local Artist Makes a Big Donation
- Warringtons Donate $75 Million to UF Business School, Become University's Biggest Boosters
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Needs Donations for Kids
- Gator Gymnastics Wins Big in Home Opener Over Auburn
- Small Girl Gives Big-hearted Donation to Foster Children
- BCS Bowl Schedule Announced: Gators Big Easy-Bound
- Cougars Outlast Gators at Big Dance
- Gator Basketball Wins Big on Senior Day
- Gator Basketball Passes First Big Test Beating #13 Kansas