Horford Signs Deal with Hawks
The Atlanta Hawks signed first-round draft pick Al Horford to multi-year contract Monday, clearing the way for himÂ to play in the NBA summer league this month in Salt Lake City.
The signing came only hours before the first workout at the team's camp for rookies and free agents.
Horford, the No. 3 pick in the first round, will earn $3.12 million as a rookie and $3.35 million in his second year. The first two years are guaranteed, and the Hawks have options for the third and fourth seasons.
Horford, a three-year starter at Florida, is expected to play forward and center for the Hawks.Â He'll now join other rookies and second-year players in the Rocky Mountain Revue, the annual summer league that begins on Friday and continues through July 20.
- Orange Bowl Survives Restructuring Shot, Signs Long-Term Deal With ACC
- Brewer Signs Deal with Timberwolves
- Former Gator Starks Signs Massive Deal
- Gators Defense: The Ball Hawks Have Returned
- Former Gators Horford, Lee Play in NBA All Star Game
- Local Area Athletes Sign on Dotted Line for National Signing Day
- Athletes Sign on First Day of Early Signing Period
- TV20 Sports Tips: How to Deal with Back Pain
- Chapman "Seals the Deal" for Gators
- Erik Murphy Reaches Plea Deal