MEDIA PICK LSU TO WIN SEC TITLE
Although the Gators humbled LSU last year 23-10 in the Swamp, the Gators still can't seem to get a leg up from the media. On the final day of SEC Media Days in Hoover, Alabama, 54 of 80 ballots selected LSU as the preseason favorite to win the SEC championship. Florida received the next-most votes with seven, and were picked to win the SEC Eastern Division.
Six Gators earned preseason all-conference honors from the media, including offensive lineman Phil Trautwein and defensive end Derrick Harvey on the first team. Tony Joiner, Cornelius Ingram, Drew Miller and Percy Harvin receive second-team nods.
By Chris Price WCJB TV20 Sports
- Gator Softball Picked to Win 2014 SEC Title in Coaches' Preseason Poll
- Gators Too Much for LSU, Pick Up 21st Straight Win
- Gator Women's Basketball Picks Up Another Win Vs LSU
- Tide the Pick to Win SEC
- Gator Soccer Earns Share of SEC Title With Win Over Georgia
- GATOR SOFTBALL WINS SEC TITLE
- VANDY WINS SEC BASEBALL TITLE
- Gator Women's Track and Field Wins SEC Title, Men Finish Second
- Gator Mens Track and Field Win 1st SEC Indoor Title Since '04
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles