SIX GATOR FOOTBALL PLAYERS EARN PRESEASON HONORS
Two Gator players earned first-team honors. On offense, Center Drew Miller was the lone first team player. On defense, Derrick Harvey was named to the first team squad as well. Harvey was the sack leader for the Gators last season and was the defensive MVP of the BCS Championship game.
Other players earning preseason all-SEC honors include tackle Phil Trautwein and safety Tony Joiner, who made the second team, and wide receivers Bubba Caldwell and Percy Harvin, who made the third team.
LSU and Arkansas led the way with 12 nominations each. Razorbacks' running back Darren McFadden was the only unanimous choice on either side of the ball.
By Chris Price WCJB TV20 Sports
- Six Gators Earn Football AP All-America Honors
- Ten Gators Earn Preseason Honors
- Gator Softball Players Earn Individual Honors
- Five Gator Basketball Players Earn All-Conference Honors
- No First-Team Preseason All-SEC Players For Florida Football, But 6 Chosen Overall
- Six Football Players Celebrate Signings at North Marion, Oak Hall Girls Lacrosse Gets Win
- Pre-Season Honors for Gator Women's Hoops
- Zunino Earns SEC Player of the Year, Gators Earn Numerous Awards
- Gators Place 8 On Preseason All-Conference Football Teams
- Gator Football Roundup: Six Plays for Success, Burton and Thompson "Should Be Fine", Howard's First SEC Award