KRUGER RECOVERING FROM HEART SURGERY
Lon Kruger led the UNLV Runnin-Rebels to some heart-stopping wins this season, but this wasn't exactly what he had in mind. During a routine stress examination last week, doctors found Kruger had several blockages. Today, Kruger underwent a four-hour surgery, and doctors say he is recovering well.
Kruger led UNLV to the Sweet 16 this year, upsetting second-seeded Wisconsin, before falling to Oregon. Kruger coached the Gators for 6 years from 1990 to 1996 and led the Gators to their first Final Four in 1994.
By Chris Price WCJB TV 20 Sports
- Boy Recovers From Surgery, Faces Several More
- Wuerffel Slowly Recovering From Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Gators Forward Patric Young Recovering From Mono
- Louisville Guard Ware Recovering From Horrific Injury
- Recovering from a Stroke
- Keystone Heights Woman Recovers From H1N1 Virus
- Teen Recovering After Spear Removed From His Brain
- Teenager Recovering from Alligator Attack
- Surfer Recovering From Shark Bite
- Local Woman Receives Grant from Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America