Â Sophomore Quarterback Tim Tebow set a school rushing record for quarterbacks with his 27 attempts.Â He recorded 166 yards on the 27 carries which topped his previous high of 18.Â The 27 carries are also 1 shy of the school record for a sophomore (Emmitt Smith-- 1988 against Kentucky).
Â Tebow passed for 2 scores and ran for 2 more touchdowns in the Gators 30-24 victory over Mississippi.
Â Tebow passed for another 261 yards and 2 scores to go with his 2 rushing touchdowns.Â In all, Tebow has had a hand in 17 TD's on the season.
Â Percy Harvin chipped in with a career-high 11 catches for 121 yards, including 102 coming in the first half.
Â Florida overcame a slow start to take a 27-9 lead in the third quarter, but then had to hold off the charging Rebels.Â Mississippi scored 2 touchdowns late in the game in a three-minute span.
Â Ole Miss. QB Seth Adams passed for 302 yards.Â On Defense Joe Haden paced the team with seven stops, including some key tackles to slow down the Rebels.Â Brandon Spikes also made 7 tackles.
Â Meanwhile Senior Tony Joiner picked up his interception of the season.
Â The #3 Gators (4-0) return home to Florida Field to take on Auburn Saturday Sept. 29.Â
- Florida Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse Combine to go 4-0
- Pitching Powers Gators to 4-0 Win Over FGCU
- FIBA Team USA U19 Team Improves to 4-0 With Win Over Brazil
- Familiar Feeling: Gators 4-0 for 4th Straight Year
- Gator Men's Tennis Handles Harvard 4-0
- Fort White Baseball Blanks Keystone Heights 4-0
- (19)FLORIDA BASEBALL FALLS TO FLORIDA ATLANTIC IN ELEVEN
- Florida Baseball a Winner over Top-Ranked Florida State
- High Stakes Football: Florida and Florida State Playing For Big Opportunities
- Florida Baseball Extends Streak With Win Over Florida State