Gators Roll Hilltoppers!
Western Kentucky found itself Gator bait today when the Hilltoppers traveled to defending national champion Florida.Â The Gators scored early and often in a 49-to-3 victory. The game was called with just over eight minutes remaining due to lightning.Â Florida quarterback Tim Tebow threw for 300 yards and three touchdowns and ran for another score for the sixth-ranked GatorsÂ Â The Hilltoppers didn't provide much of a challenge in the first game of their two-year transition from the Football Championship Subdivision to the Football Bowl Subdivision.
Western Kentucky put together a 62-yard drive to open the game, then failed to convert a fourth-and-1 at the Florida 10.Â Quarterback David Wolke suffered a concussion during the drive and never returned.
The Hilltoppers finished with 204 yards of total offense.
By Hank Astengo WCJB TV20 Sports
- Lady Gators Roll Past Alabama 61-37
- Gator Roundup: Men's Tennis Keeps Rolling, Women's Tennis Falters, Softball Team Remains Unbeaten
- Gators Roll Past Spurrier's Gamecock's 44-11
- Gators Roll Over Savannah State 88-38
- Gator Baseball Rolling Along; Win First One Versus Jacksonville
- Gator Baseball Rolls Over Owls
- Gator Women Hoops On A Roll
- Gators Roll In Tourney Debut
- Gator Women's Hoops Keeps Rolling
- Green Wave Rolls Over Gator Baseball at NCAA Regional