Gators Roll Hilltoppers!
Western Kentucky found itself Gator bait today when the Hilltoppers traveled to defending national champion Florida.Â The Gators scored early and often in a 49-to-3 victory. The game was called with just over eight minutes remaining due to lightning.Â Florida quarterback Tim Tebow threw for 300 yards and three touchdowns and ran for another score for the sixth-ranked GatorsÂ Â The Hilltoppers didn't provide much of a challenge in the first game of their two-year transition from the Football Championship Subdivision to the Football Bowl Subdivision.
Western Kentucky put together a 62-yard drive to open the game, then failed to convert a fourth-and-1 at the Florida 10.Â Quarterback David Wolke suffered a concussion during the drive and never returned.
The Hilltoppers finished with 204 yards of total offense.
By Hank Astengo WCJB TV20 Sports
- Gators Roll In Tourney Debut
- Gator Women Hoops On A Roll
- Gator Baseball Rolls Over Owls
- Gator Baseball Rolling Along; Win First One Versus Jacksonville
- Gators Roll Over Savannah State 88-38
- Gators Roll Past Spurrier's Gamecock's 44-11
- Gator Roundup: Men's Tennis Keeps Rolling, Women's Tennis Falters, Softball Team Remains Unbeaten
- Lady Gators Roll Past Alabama 61-37
- Gators Roll to Victory Over Eastern Michigan; Jake McGee Out for Season
- Gator Women's Hoops Keeps Rolling