MATTHEWS TO LEAD FIRST AAFL TEAM
How long it'll last -- time will tell... But, Gator football fans will now have a diversion to enjoy between the orange-&-blue game & fall practice starting next spring -- the All-American football league which will have a team in Gainesville starring former gator greats Chris Doering, Willie Jackson & Fred Weary among others... & they'll play three home games in the swamp in their inaugural season.
Today, announcing a name for team Florida... & it'll be team florida!!!... no nickname... also introducing a head coach, former Gator great -- Shane Matthews... who says it's a blast from the past.
- Leak Signs With Team Florida of AAFL
- Team USA Gets Out to an Early Lead in Davis Cup
- Shelton Ready to Lead Gator Men's Tennis Team
- Ocala Stampede Soccer Team Leading Its Division
- Logan Shore Name First-Team Freshman All-American
- National Champs! Gator Men's Track and Field Team Captures First NCAA Outdoor Title
- No First-Team Preseason All-SEC Players For Florida Football, But 6 Chosen Overall
- Gator Tennis Teams To Host NCAA First and Second Rounds
- Gators Advance In NCAA Tourney For First Time Since 06-07 National Title Team
- Safety First: The Florida Gator Football Team Looks To Fill A Pressing Need