Florida safety Tony Joiner will be able to play inÂ Saturday night's game at top-ranked LSU. State prosecutors have dropped a felony burglary charge against the senior starter for theÂ #9-ranked Gators.
Joiner was arrested early Tuesday morning for allegedly trying to take his girlfriend's car out of a towing company's impound lot.
The chief investigator for the State Attorney's Office says the charge was dropped because the towing company does not wish to pursue criminal charges.
Joiner did return to practice with the Gators starting Wednesday, but Gator Head Coach Urban Meyer took away Joiner's Captain status with the team.
There is no official comment from U of F whether or not Joiner will start Saturday night.
WCJB's Chris Price is in Baton Rouge, La. to cover the game for TV-20 and CW Gainesville.Â
- Gator Safety Joiner Arrested
- Johnson Cleared To Play In CWS
- Gators Linebacker Neiron Ball Cleared To Play
- Muschamp Crystal Clear at Gator Football Media Day
- Joiner Arrest Fair?
- Joiner Charges Dropped
- Officers Cleared in Taser Incident
- Columbia County Teacher Cleared Of Any Charges
- Class Size Proposal Clears House
- Grand Jury Clears Deputies In Windsor Shooting