Gator Women's Hoops Top Hatters
Â Junior guard Sha Brooks scored a team-high 16 points helping Florida earn a scrappy 54-50 victory over Stetson on Monday evening at the O'Connell Center.
The Gators (4-2) struggled with their shot from the floor the entire
game, hitting just 32.1 percent (17-53) overall, including a mere 25
percent (6-24) in the second half, by staving off a late Hatter rally
from the free throw line, where Florida was 17-of-23, including a
perfect 10-for-10 effort from Brooks.
Junior forward Marshae Dotson was the only other Gator to tally a
double-figure scoring effort, contributing 10 points along with eight
rebounds. Sophomore Sharielle Smith collected a team-high 11 rebounds, helping Florida out-rebound the Hatters, 45-38.
Florida returns to the court on Wednesday, when the Gators play their
third game in five days, facing Jacksonville (4-2) at Veteran's
Memorial Arena. The game, which is the first half of a Dolphins'
basketball doubleheader, tips-off at 5:30 p.m.
- Gator Women's Hoops Top Hatters
- Gator Women's Hoops Cracks Top Ten
- Gator Men's Hoops Tops Hatters
- Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday
- Gator Women's Hoops Keeps Rolling
- Gator Women's Hoops Cages Bulldogs
- Gator Women's Hoops Falls to LSU
- Gator Women's Hoops Gets Invitation to Bg Dance
- Gator Women's Hoops Win 60-57
- Gator Women's Hoops Rally For Victory