Seminoles Dominate Billy's Young Gators
For the first time this season for Billy's "Young Guns", experience beat youth.Â Florida's young, rebuilt team was no match for Florida State's athletic and experienced squad.
Jason Rich had 20 points and 11 rebounds, Toney Douglas added 10points and the Seminoles beat the 25th-ranked Gators 65-51 onFriday night.
The two-time defending national champions had their 15-gamewinning streak snapped alongÂ with their school-record 24-game homewinning streak.
The Seminoles (5-2) dominated from the opening tip, taking a25-9 lead and never letting the Gators (5-1) back in the game.Â Florida State had lost two of its last three games, falling to Cleveland State and South Florida in the past week. But coach Leonard Hamilton's team hardly resembled the same team in the O'Connell Center.
Florida struggled shooting and trailed by as many as 19 in the first half, 29-10 following a 21-2 run, but trimmed the lead to 11 several times after the break.Â But the Gators couldn't get any closer.
- Billy's "Young Guns" Shoot Down Hatters
- BILLY'S BACK!?
- Donovan, Foley Speak on Billy's Legacy at UF
- Gator Softball Dominates Seminoles
- Billy's Back!
- Suwannee's Hayes Verbally Commits To Billy Donovan, Gators Basketball
- Gators Men's Tennis Dominate FSU 6-1
- #3 Gators Dominate #10 Nebraska in Season's First Gymnastics Meet
- Gator Women's Tennis Dominant Again in Win over Clemson
- Gator Basketball Rides Beal's 19, Young's Energy to Win over Mississippi State