Gators Win "Battle of Reptiles" Over FAMU
Billy Donovan's "Young Guns" easily beat their northern reptile neighbors in O'Connell center Wednesday with freshmen leading the way.Â Nick Calathes flirted with the second triple-double in school history. He finished with 20 points, eight rebounds and nine assists and leading Florida to a 91-52 victory against out-manned Florida A&M tonight.
Former Florida star Corey Brewer recorded the program's first triple-double in 2005.Â Calathes probably could have joined Brewer in the record books,Â but coach Billy Donovan pulled the freshman guard with nearly 5 minutes to play and the game well in hand.
Calathes finished 7-of-11 shooting, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range.Â Fellow freshman Adam Allen added 19 points for the Gators.Â Marreese Speights chipped in 10 points and 10 rebounds. Jai Lucas had 11 points as the Gators improved to 9-0 against Florida A&M.
- Gators Win "Battle on the Bayou"
- Family Spotlight 6/16/11 "Battling Diabetes"
- GHS Wins Battle of Hurricanes, 38-0 Over Lake Weir, Eastside Also Falls to Dunnellon 28-16
- Gator Basketball Battles Back to Win
- Gators Continue Home Winning Streak After Win Over Kentucky
- Gators Extend Opening Win Streak to 24 with Win Over Toledo
- Gator Baseball Earns Series Win Over Ole Miss and Gator Sports Recap
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Gator Gymnastics Wins Big in Home Opener Over Auburn
- Gainesville Police Officers Win Another Battle In Fight Over Holiday Pay