No "Happy Days" for Cunningham
Gator footballÂ defensive end Jermaine Cunningham and a former teammate were arrested Wednesday on a misdemeanor battery charge because they allegedly hit a restaurant worker with a sandwich and cups, police said.
Former LSU track star and Olympic hopeful Xavier Carter also wascharged with resisting arrest without violence, a misdemeanor. Cunningham, Carter and former Gators linebacker Jon Demps were released Wednesday afternoon on their own recognizance. They were ordered to have no contact with the alleged victim.
Carter also was ordered to have no contact with Demps or Cunningham.Â Police say Cunningham and Demps were arrested after a restaurant employee told officers the players harassed him when told they needed to pay for a bag of chips. The two became verbally abusive toward the man and hit him with a sandwich and empty soda cups, according to a police report.Â Demps and Cunningham fled the area. They were later found on the Florida campus.
Florida coach Urban Meyer, whoseÂ #9 Gators play Michigan in the CapitolÂ One Bowl on New Year's Day, says he'llÂ wait for more details before deciding whether to punish Cunningham.
- It's almost "Happy Hour" in Gainesville
- Man Named "Happy Jack" Attacks Homeowners with Rake
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Happy Mother's Day!
- "Best Of" from SEC Media Days
- Marion County Holds First Ever "Football Media Day"
- Strong Gator Defense Preparing for Pass Happy LSU Offense
- Carlos Dunlap Happy to be a Bengal
- Newton Happy as a Gator
- UF Athletic Director Happy with Meyer's Coaching