Gator Women Win 80-65
Florida Women's Head Coach Amanda Butler had nearly 6 players score in double figures as the Gators opened the home SEC season with an 80-65 victory over Alabama.
Florida led by 12 at the break 42-30 behind a 58-percent shooting effort.Â Depree Bowden scored 18 points (8 of 16 from the floor), while Marshae Dotson put in 17 points connecting on 8 of 11 baskets.Â Dotson and Sharielle Smith both grabbed a team-high 6 rebounds.
Smith also scored 10 points connecting on 5 of 8 baskets.Â Both Sha Brooks and Jennifer Mossor added 8 points each.
Aneika Henry also landed in double figures scoring 14 points knocking down 7 of her 11 shot attempts.
With the victory the Gators evened their record at 1-1 in the SEC and pushed their overall mark to 12-5.
For the game, the Gators shot 57-percent and made 12 steals as a team.Â Bowden paced UF in that department picking off 5 steals.
- Boynton Sets School Mark for 3's in Win, Gator Women Win Too
- Gator Women's Track and Field Wins SEC Title, Men Finish Second
- Gator Women's Basketball Moves Back Above .500 In Conference With Win
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles
- Gator Softball One Win Shy From 4th Consecutive Women's College World Series
- Gator Women's Basketball Rallies for a Win
- Former GHS Player, LSU Not Enough as Gator Women's Tennis Cruise to Win
- Gator Women's Tennis Wins 6th National Title
- Gator Women's Basketball Starts Season Strong, 71-49 Win Over Fairfield
- Gator Women's Basketball Falls, Santa Fe College Wins