Gator Women Win 80-65
Florida Women's Head Coach Amanda Butler had nearly 6 players score in double figures as the Gators opened the home SEC season with an 80-65 victory over Alabama.
Florida led by 12 at the break 42-30 behind a 58-percent shooting effort.Â Depree Bowden scored 18 points (8 of 16 from the floor), while Marshae Dotson put in 17 points connecting on 8 of 11 baskets.Â Dotson and Sharielle Smith both grabbed a team-high 6 rebounds.
Smith also scored 10 points connecting on 5 of 8 baskets.Â Both Sha Brooks and Jennifer Mossor added 8 points each.
Aneika Henry also landed in double figures scoring 14 points knocking down 7 of her 11 shot attempts.
With the victory the Gators evened their record at 1-1 in the SEC and pushed their overall mark to 12-5.
For the game, the Gators shot 57-percent and made 12 steals as a team.Â Bowden paced UF in that department picking off 5 steals.
- Boynton Sets School Mark for 3's in Win, Gator Women Win Too
- Gator Women Win 14th Straight!
- Gator Women Win Opener
- Gator Women's Track and Field Wins SEC Title, Men Finish Second
- Gator Women's Basketball Moves Back Above.500 In Conference With Win
- Gator Women's Basketball Rallies for a Win
- Both Gator Men and Women Hoops Win
- Gator Women Hoops Get Overtime Win Over Georgetown
- Gator Volleyball Sweeps Alabama, Women's Hoops Wins on Road
- Gator Women Have Big Sunday: Softball and Tennis Both Win