Heartbreaker For Gator Women's Hoop Team
Despite a hard-fought effort, Amanda Butler's Women's Basketball Team dropped a 60-58 road contest in the SEC openerÂ at Lexington, Ky.
Trailing by a basket with roughly :06 seconds left, the Gators had a chance to take the lead, but Marshae Dotson was tripped on her attempt to score.
With about :03 seconds left the Gators came up with a steal and Dotson had another chance to lead the Gators to a victory, but was called for an offensive charging foul.Â
Thus, the Gators couldn't convert on two scoring opportunities with about :06-:07 seconds left in the game to drop its conference opener to fall to 11-5 overall, 0-1 in the conference.
Marshae Dotson paced the Gators with her 6th double-double of the season (13th of her career) putting in 26 points and grabbing 12 rebounds.
Sha Brooks was the only other Gator to reach double-figures in scoring totaling 13 points.
The Gators turned the ball over 24 times which led to 32 Kentucky points.Â Florida connected on just 36 percent of its shots from the field, despite hitting 5 out of 11 3-point attempts.Â
UF also hit just 13 of its 20 free throw attempts.
According to the Gator Radio Network, Sha Brooks was forced to leave the contest with 1:00 remaining after injuring her knee.Â Brooks didn't return watching the final seconds tick off the clock whileÂ icing her right knee.
UF will aim to even its SEC record with the home conference opener at the O'Dome Sunday at 2pm when the Gators host Alabama.
- Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA Championships
- Gator Roundup: Men's Tennis Keeps Rolling, Women's Tennis Falters, Softball Team Remains Unbeaten
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles
- Gator Women's Hoops Top Hatters
- Gator Women's Hoops Gets Invitation to Bg Dance
- Gator Women's Hoops Win 60-57
- Gator Women's Hoops Rally For Victory
- Gator Women's Hoops Tames Tigers
- Bulldogs Bite Gator Women's Hoops...Again