MEYER RECRUITING TROUBLE?
University of Florida Associtate Athletic Director Jamie McCloskey told WCJB TV20 today that the University is investigating comments made by recent junior college transfer Maranda Smith regarding her recruitment by Urban Meyer.
In addition, comments made by her boyfriend and fellow junior college transfer Carl Moore may also step over the limit of legal recruiting policies. In a recent interview, Moore told WCJB about Meyer's efforts to recruit him to Florida. "My mind was on (the University of Southern California) but it got weird because Coach Meyer came out, Coach Mullen came out, and Coach (Billy Gonzalez) came out; they all came out at once but then they all came out at different times during the week, so I basically had a Florida coach there everyday," Moore said.
If Moore's comments are true, this may be a violation of the NCAA recruiting rulebook (188.8.131.52) which states "Six in-person off-campus contacts per student athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any calendar week."
A University spokesperson said the University will not have a comment until it has conducted its own internal search.
Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- Another Banner Recruiting Class for Meyer
- Does Meyer Help Or Hurt Gator Recruiting?
- Top 15 Recruit Commits to Florida Football
- Gator Football Recruiting Gets A Boost
- New Gator Football Recruits and News
- Gator Football Recruiting Follow
- Four Star Tight End Recruit Commits to Florida
- Gator Football Lands New Recruit
- Two College Basketball Recruits Commit; Beal Named to NBA Rookie Team
- Florida Football Lands 28 Recruits On National Signing Day