Gator Gymnasts Top Tigers
The number-3 Gator gymnastics team (6-1, 4-1 SEC) used the nation's top total of the 2008 season to beat number-3 LSU (8-2, 3-2 SEC) Friday evening in the O'Connell Center. Florida's total of 197.925 also ranks as the third-highest in school history. The Tigers turned in their second-highest total of 2008 at 196.325.
A total of 10 collegiate-best marks were set or matched Friday by Gator performers. Sophomore All-American Amanda Castillo used a collegiate-best of 39.575 to collect her first all-around title of the season and the third of her Gator career. She just edged a pair of All-American teammates, as junior Corey Hartung and sophomore Melanie Sinclair shared second at 39.55. That total ranks as collegiate-best for Sinclair. Castillo, who finished third in the 2007 NCAA all-around competition, is the fourth Gator to earn an all-around title this season. She had competed as an all-around in five previous meets, finishing second once and third once.
- Gator Gymnastics Routs Mizzou Tigers
- Gator Gymnasts Barely Cage Tigers
- UF Gymnast Morgan Frazier Discusses Top Committ
- Homers Lead Gators to Win Over Tigers on Senior Day
- Gator Hoops Prepare for Mizzoui Tigers
- Gator Baseball Cages Tigers in Opener
- Gators Can't Cage Tigers
- Gator Baseball De-Claws Tigers in 10 Innings
- Gator Women's Hoops Tames Tigers
- Gator Baseball Sweeps Tigers!