Gator Men Fall 61-58 at Vanderbilt
Despite making up a 12-point deficit in the 2nd half, the Florida Men's Basketball Team fell in Nashville to the #19/22-rated Commodores of Vanderbilt 61-58.
Vandy's win at home was its 16th straight and 29th in its last 30 home contests.
Nick Calathes and Dan Werner both missed chances to tie the game with potential 3-pointers in the final seconds. Calathes and Marreese Speights each scored 11 points to pace the Gator Offense.
Walter Hodge added 10 points, while Alex Tyus came off the bench to play a season-high 25 minutes and chip in with 7 points and a career-high 9 rebounds.
Dan Werner added 9 points and grabbed 7 rebounds. Florida shot just 39-percent from the field for the game, including 7-percent from three point land. The Orange and Blue hit just 1 of its 15 3-point attempts.
Vanderbilt connected on 8 3-pointers for a +21 edge in the 3-point department. The game featured 10 lead changes and 9 ties.
Florida takes on South Carolina in its next action on Wednesday.
- Gator Men's Tennis Defeats Vanderbilt
- Gators Fall to Vanderbilt for First Time in 22 Years
- Gator Men's Hoops Falls to Tennessee
- Gator Basketball Preview Against Vanderbilt
- Gator Baseball Bats Shut Down in 2-1 Loss to Vanderbilt
- Gator Baseball Gets School-Record 15th Straight Win, 10-2 Over Vanderbilt
- Gators Hang On to Snap Four-Game Skid, 26-21 Winners Over Vanderbilt
- Rodriguez Strong In Relief, Gators Finish Off Vanderbilt at College World Series
- Gator Baseball Takes Series From Vanderbilt in Extras, 6-3
- Lacroix Gets Over 200 Career Victories as Both Gator Tennis Teams Sweep Vanderbilt 7-0