How Sweep it is....and 19-0
The Gator Baseball Team completed a 3-game Sweep over Siena scoring 27 runs in the three games, including a 13-run 11-hit victory in the finale.
Florida topped visiting Siena 13-6.
Centerfielder Josh Adams collected five of Florida's 5 RBI hitting a grand-slam homerun and a solo homerun.
The Gators received a 2nd strong starting pitching performance. Tommy Toledo made his Blue and Orange debut throwing 5 innings of 2 run ball striking out 5 batters.
Reliever Josh Edmondson kept his scoreless innings streak intact pitching 2 more innings in the victory. Edmondson has started the season allowing just 1 hit in 4.1 innings of work out of the bullpen.
All-American Candidate Cole Figueroa is among the team leaders in many categories hitting 429. In the weekend sweep, Figueroa drew 6 walks, scored 5 runs and was 3 for 3 on stolen bases.
The Gators host Eastern Michigan in 6:30pm games both Tuesday and Wednesday at McKethan Stadium.
Meanwhile, the #7-ranked Florida Softball Team will hit the road after hosting two straight tournaments. The Gators completed a perfect run through the Aquafinal Invitational to improve to 19-0 on the season.
Stacey Nelson ran her mark to 11-0 tying her career-best with 13 strikeouts in the Gold Medal contest against Notre Dame. Florida knocked off the Irish for a 2nd straight time with a 5-2 victory.
Sophomore RF Francesca Enea belted a 3-run homer (her team leading 5th of the season) to help Florida earn the 5-2 win.
- Haeger Improves to 19-0 in 2-0 Win Against Kentucky
- Your Health: How to have a happy (and safe!) Halloween
- Mike Taylor Staying Away From Nature...and Bears
- Gator /Mizzou Recap...and an Optimistic Look Ahead
- How Long Does Meyer Deserve?
- How Drivers Spend Their Down Time at the Gatornationals
- TV20 Sports Tips: How to Deal with Back Pain
- HOW SWEET IT IS
- Baseball Wins in Extra Innings, Sweeps Missouri
- Gator Volleyball Finishes Road-Swing-Sweep