Volunteers Dominate Gators
After falling behind to Florida by 13 points in the first half, seventh-ranked Tennessee dominated in the second half with 3 pointers and free throws to beat the Gators 104-82 on Tuesday night.
At halftime, the Vols were down 48-44. After the break, JaJuan Smith got hot -- finishing with six 3 pointers and 23 points and Chris Lofton also made six 3s in scoring 26 points, helping Tennessee (20-2, 7-1 Southeastern Conference) to its best start in history.
Tennessee, which averages 84.5 points per game, is only the fifth team to reach their average against Florida (18-5, 5-3).
The Gators had no problems scoring in the first half as they jumped out to a 16-3 lead four minutes into the game as Tennessee missed five straight shots.
Marreese Speights led Florida with 23 points and grabbed nine rebounds. Dan Werner added 18 points, Nick Calathes had 15 and Jai Lucas had 10. The Gators have dropped three of their last four road games and will next be back home against Georgia on Saturday.
- Gators Dominate Volunteers!
- Gator Hoops Dominates Bulldogs on the Road
- Lady Vols Dominate Gators
- Gators Dominate Bearcats to Win Sugar Bowl
- Tigers Dominate Gators on Hardwood
- Gator Baseball Swings Back with Dominating Win Over Florida A&M
- Gator Softball Dominating in Lipton Invitational
- Gator Basketball Dominates South Carolina
- Gator Gymnastics Open Season With Dominating Performance Over Ball State
- Gators Men's Tennis Dominate FSU 6-1