Calathes Earns Conference Honors
Florida freshman guard Nick Calathes won Southeastern Conference co-Freshman of the Year by league coaches, sharing the award with Patrick Patterson of Kentucky. In addition, Calathes was selected Second Team All-SEC, the lone Gator to appear on either of the two All-SEC squads. He also earned a spot on the SEC's All-Freshman Team along with teammates Chandler Parsons and Jai Lucas.
Calathes becomes Florida's first SEC Freshman of the Year since Anthony Roberson took home the award in 2003. Calathes leads the Gators in scoring at 15.9 points per game, while his 6.1 assists per contest lead the SEC. He has 189 assists and is two shy of breaking the UF single-season record for assists, 190 by Ronnie Montgomery back in 1987-88. His total of 6.1 assists per game would also be a UF record if it held up, breaking the 25-year-old mark of 5.9 per contest. He is trying to become just the third freshman ever to lead the SEC in assists.
- Calathes Earns Conference Honors
- Hampton Earns Conference Honor
- James Earns Conference Honor
- James Earns Conference Honor...Again!
- Spikes Earns Conference Honor
- Five Gator Basketball Players Earn All-Conference Honors
- Rainey, Sturgis Earn All-Conference Honors
- Leclerc Wins Conference Honor
- Gator Softball Players Make Conference Honor Roll
- 12 Santa Fe Softball Players Honored By Mid Florida-Conference