Gator Women Win Tourney Opener
Depree Bowden scored a game-high 21 points leading the University of Florida women's basketball team to an impressive 71-57 victory against South Carolina in the first round of the Southeastern Conference Tournament on ThursdayÂ in Nashville.Â Â Bowden, the Gators' lone senior, tallied 19 of her points in the first half when she single-handedly out-scored the Gamecocks, 19-17, helping Florida (18-12) build a 34-17 lead at the break. Florida's intense defense forced a pair of shot-clock violations and limited USC to a paltry 19.2 percent shooting effort, as the taller Gamecocks hit just 18-of-40 from the floor.
Â So, the Gators advance to the quarterfinals where they play third-ranked and #2-seeded Tennessee on Friday at 3:30 p.m.
- GATOR WOMEN'S TENNIS WINS TOURNEY OPENER
- Gator Baseball Wins SEC Tourney Opener
- Gator Softball Wins SEC Tourney Opener
- Gator Women Win Opener
- Gator Softball Cruises in NCAA Tourney Opener
- GATOR BASEBALL DROPS TOURNEY OPENER
- Commodores Slam Gators in Conference Tourney Opener
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Florida Baseball Loses SEC Tourney Opener, Awaits NCAA Tourney Fate