Gator Women's Hoops Rally For Victory
The Gator Women's Basketball Team overcame a 38-21 halftime deficit in Oxford, Mississippi, to top Ole Miss 72-66. The 17-point comeback ties the 2nd largest come-from-behind victory in school history and ended UF's 2-game losing streak.
Florida shot better than 54-percent from the field in the 2nd half to put up 51 points in the 2nd stanza against Mississippi.
Sha Brooks paced UF with 19 points, while connecting on 7 of 8 from the free throw line. Brooks also added 4 assists and 3 steals.
Depree Bowden scored 16 points, 10 of which came in the 2nd half, while Marshae Dotson dominated on the boards. Dotson recorded a game-high 13 rebounds.
Doston also scored all 11 of her points in the 2nd half and totaled 5 steals to go with her double-double. Jennifer Mossor chipped in with 11 points to help Florida improve to 17-12 overall and 6-8 in SEC play.
The Gators open the SEC Tourney with first round play Thursday, March 6 in Nashville, Tennessee. #7 Florida faces #9 seed South Carolina at 3:30pm EST in the first round game.
The teams split their respective games this season which each squad winning on its opponents home floor.
- Gator Women's Basketball Rallies for a Win
- Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday
- Gator Women's Hoops Top Hatters
- Gator Women's Hoops Complete Season Sweep of Kentucky
- Gator Women's Hoops Down Miss. St in SEC Opener
- Gator Women's Hoops Jaterra Bonds Named SEC Player of the Week
- Gator Soccer Falls in SEC Tournament Championship, Women's Hoops Downs UNF
- Gator Volleyball Sweeps Alabama, Women's Hoops Wins on Road
- Gator Women's Hoops Advance to SEC Tournament Quarterfinals
- Gator Women's Hoops Loses, Softball Wins