Gators Advance in WNIT
Sophomore guard Jennifer Mossor scored a team-high 14 points off the bench to lead the University of Florida women's basketball team to a 60-55 victory over Florida Gulf Coast in the second round of the Women's National Invitation Tournament on Monday night, halting UF's three-game postseason losing skid and securing the Gators' first postseason win in four years.
Florida (19-13) advances to the third round where the Gators play N.C. State (19-12) on Thursday, March 27 at 7 p.m. in Raleigh. The Wolfpack beat South Carolina, 72-69, in their second-round game on Thursday. Mossor's 14 points led Florida to a 23-2 advantage in bench scoring on the night, while UF's 18 offensive rebounds propelled it to a 43-36 edge on the boards and a 25-9 margin in second-chance points.
Junior guard Sha Brooks tallied her 11th consecutive double-figure scoring game by adding 12 points and four of the Gators' nine steals on the evening, while sophomore Sharielle Smith led the team with 10 rebounds. Junior guard Kim Critton also helped out with five points and seven boards, three of which came on the offensive end of the floor, in a reserve role against the Eagles (22-9).
- Gator Women Advance to Second Round of WNIT Basketball Tournament
- Gator Soccer Advances Over UCF to Sweet 16, Gator Volleyball Beats LSU in Four Sets
- Gators Advance to Championship Game of Gator Holiday Classic, Down Southern
- Gator Womens and Mens Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA's
- Gator Lacrosse Downs Denver, Advances to NCAA Final 8
- Gator Softball Downs Stetson, Advances to Regional Final
- Gators Defeat UCF, Advance to Super Regionals
- Gator Softball Downs Baylor, Advances to WCWS Finals
- Gator Gymnastics Advance to NCAA Championships
- Gators Defeat Dayton, Advance to Final Four