The Gator Men's Basketball Team (21-7) will host San Diego State in Round 1 of the Mastercard National Invitational Tournament on Wednesday at 9pm at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center. The game will be televised by ESPN 2.
Florida is the #2 seed in its quarter of its bracket. (20-12) San Diego State is the #7 seed. The two teams have met just once in the past with San Diego State winning a 63-62 contest all the way back in 1985 in Las Vegas.
If Florida takes care of San Diego State it would meet the winner of the Creighton and Rhonde Island contest. That game would be played Tuesday March 25.
The Gators run of 9 consecutive trips to the NCAA Tournament comes to an end. Both of last year's NCAA Championship Game participants UF and Ohio State did not make the Field of 65.
Ohio State is a #1 seed in its respective bracket.
- Gators Conquer Aztecs in NIT Opener
- Gator Women's Basketball Team Earns NIT Berth
- Gator Women's Basketball Season Ends In 2nd Round NIT Loss
- Gator Women's Basketball Loses In NIT Semis
- Gator Hoops Advances in NIT
- Gator Hoops Advances to Elite 8 of NIT
- Minutemen Cook Gators in NIT
- GATOR SOFTBALL BOUND FOR CWS
- Gators Atlanta Bound Again!
- BCS Bowl Schedule Announced: Gators Big Easy-Bound