Championship Record Weekend
The Gator Women's Golf Team captured its 8th SEC Conference Tournament Championship in school history and first in more than a decade with an amazing 17-shot victory over runner up Arkansas at the Tennessee National Golf Club.
The Gators final round 4 under par 284 was the only team round under par for the entire tourney and tied for the fourth-lowest score in school history. The Gators of 2008 now own 4 of the top 6 team rounds in program history.
Freshman Hannah Yun recorded a 1 under par 3-round total of 215. She was one of just two golfers to score under par for the SEC event. She finished runner up for individual medalist honors one stroke back of the NCAA Champion.
Meanwhile, the #3-ranked Gator Softball Team ran its mark to 51-2 on the season. The 51 victories are a school record for wins in a single season. The Gators have also scored the most runs (313) in any season in program history.
Stacey Nelson pitched a 2nd straight 1-hit shutout in an 8-0 victory in the series finale over the Kentucky Wildcats at Pressly Softball Stadium. Florida captured 2 of the 3 games by an 8-0 score (both 1-hit shutouts by Nelson).
Ali Gardiner continued to swing a strong bat in the series finale. The Junior 1B recorded 4 RBI on a 2 for 4 performance at the plate. Gardiner registered 8 RBI in the 3 victories.
The Gators stay home at Pressly Softball Stadium for a Tuesday doubleheader at 5pm with Jacksonville.
Florida then wraps up the home part of its regular season SEC season with a doubleheader Saturday (1pm, 3:30pm) against Auburn followed by one more single game on Sunday (1pm).
The Gators, however, are expected to host an NCAA Regional and possible NCAA Super Regional.
- While Bolt Sets Record, Former Gators Advance at World Championships
- Burton the Magnificent Breaks School-Record With 6 Touchdowns
- Santa Fe College Ties School-Best Regular Season Baseball Record
- Bush Gets SEC Home Run Record, Gator Softball Sweeps Arkansas 8-0
- Record Opening-Night Baseball Crowd Treated To UF Win
- Gator Baseball Gets School-Record 15th Straight Win, 10-2 Over Vanderbilt
- Demps Wins, But Doesn't Break Record at Florida Relays
- Tucker Gets Hits Record, Gators Baseball Gets Win Over Auburn
- Muschamp Sets Record Straight On Driskel
- Needles Stiches Her Name Into Gator Women's Hoops Record Book